• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who ships crates from FL to TX

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to ship a 300 lb crate from Orlando, FL 32804 to Honey Grove, TX 75446 and Fed-Ex just explained to me that they do not ground-ship private loads, only Company freight.

Any suggestions on a company that could ship a 300lb 66”x17”x12” crate (tow bar) from FL to TX at the least cost?

Thank,
Mike

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, that black text really is hard to read. Anyways, are you really determined to keep the crate? The towbar can be shipped UPS when broken down and unboxed. Greyhound likes freight but that might be a little heavy. Terminal to terminal would be cheapest. Try RL Transfer but I'd find a way to ship it SSEX or UPS.

Edit, see if anyone from FL is going to the LA Rally at Timntrucks place. That might cover half the ride and I'd bet there are Texans coming to the rally as well.

Last edited:

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, I have one quote from Fedex Freight through my brother's company, that should work. I have a quote request from the shipper Zout suggested, but no response yet.

Oh and I gave 4Tow a heads up that I should be ready to start this purchase process. :)

Stonepicker1

Mike, I have some A/C kits that I need to send up to LA and Sherman, TX. pm me what shipper you used and what they charged for the tow bar. The A/C's are 275 lbs ea.
I may have to take a trip to the LA rally.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FedEx is going to pick it up this week, so as long as there are no issues, I should be good to go. They will not deal with personal shipping of items, you have to go through a company for them to even talk to you. Wasn't the easiest process to arrange for a shipment to be picked up and delivered to me, but 4TOW has been very patient with the process. :)

They would not accept a COD since I was paying via a personal credit card instead of through the company account, so I have to let them pick it up, then call them with the tracking number and arrange payment before they will start the shipping process. You shouldn't have a problem if you are sending items.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks