• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who went to aberdeen?

mattveeder

I went to aberdeen today and had a great time. I'm sad to say that I didnt bring any of my trucks this time but there was no time to get them ready this year. But on the flip side I saw a lot of nice trucks. Also like mose of us I hit the swap meet and found a lot of good deals. I was able to buy a 100 amp set up complete to even include the correct fan shroud for $200. All and all it was a good day.

Crazyguypa

I was down with my brother. We got back to my house around 4pm. Got the MKT back in storage and then he headed hom to NJ.

Was a good time, saw people we haven't seen since the last show. We stayed down this year, too much driving back and forth everyday. Found some deals, sold some stuff. Not as much as I would've liked to, but it's still less that I have to unload from the truck.... that's tomorrow's job. The weather was perfect for the show, although a breeze would have been great on Friday, the sun was brutal.

jatonka

We just got back this morning around 1 am, but that 8 hour drive isn't much compared to Carnac's 20 something hour romp back to Georgia, he is the Man. We had a real good time, met more Steel Soldiers, visited with a bunch of the regulars and it sure was hot Friday. Thanks to everyone who came over to visit us at the Jatonka place, and for those great cigars, Dudley, Mike D, D-8 Dave, Carnac , and all of you who purchased my products. There is no hobby I've ever enjoyed as much as this MV'er circle of friends. JT out

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had a great time as well. Good seeing you too John and turning another SS member onto your filters. We have missed Carnac being a MD SS regular. I did get to see him last month when he made the trip to Sussex. That is 2 long runs in a deuce. My sons miss him like I do. The East Coast Convoy guys, who were behind us, had a great time along with the our neighbors to the north from NY and New England. This is a great hobby where we meet down to earth people who love trucks and just want to have fun. Marian, Dave's widow, came yesterday to see all of us who meant so much to Dave. It was an emotional time for her, knowing that if he were alive today, she would know exactly where he would be at that day in his life, with the SS members that he truely loved and cared for spiritually. It was a great time and I hope everyone made it home, Carnac is still travelling as I type this, and I hope is safe and chugging along at 55.. I do not want to wish my summer away, but I am looking forward to Carlisle and then Redball.

As a father, it is a blessing to spend time with my son's at Aberdeen. Beeing with good friends and making new friends every day along spending time with the 2 people who mean most to you on this earth, all at one time, is a gift from above. Thank you Lord!!!

YankeeDuece

I got back home last night at 23:30, 7 hours, 360 miles and my ears are still ringing. It was great to see old SS friends and meet new ones.

Once again Cabell did an outstanding job on the BBQ for the Convoy participants and proved to be a great host.

A tip for anybody planning on camping next year, Get a group of people together and split a room at the Marriott, you don't need to stay there but a shower after hot day of bargin hunting sure does feel good.

stumps

I was there Friday and Saturday. Lots of nice trucks, great deals, and even a helicopter. I met with a few folks, but by-and-large, it was difficult to figure out who was who. Other than Jatonka, and Maddog308, nobody seemed to have their screen names on display, and that Steel Soldiers even existed at the show, was completely invisible.:confused:

Sprout, my M35A2, was too shy to go, and she started piddling on the ground in excitement over the whole affair. I bought her a nice new fiberglass headache board, some shear pins, the makings for a rear license plate holder, and gobs and gobs of yummy GAA. Hopefully if I prepare her a bit more in advance of the trip, she will make it next year.

Great fun!

-Chuck

Nonotagain

Chuck,

By chance did you purchase your board on Saturday from CARNAC and need some rope to tie it down with?

I met Maddog308 and CARNAC at the show. Both were very nice people.

As for SS colors not showing at the event, if I hadn’t seen Maddog's windshield marking, I would have missed him. He directed me to both JAtonka and CARNAC.

I think I saw Bruce's M925 when I entered as well as Kevin's Huey right in front of the entrance to the seating area of the stadium.

The weather Saturday morning was great, low 70's, no blairing sun, nice breeze. Don't know if it rained in the PM, as I left around 1:00 PM to go into work for a couple of hours.

Nonotagain

Anyone see the MRAP? that pulled in a little before noon
He was there before 9:00. It was trailered in, as while I was exiting I-95, I could see it from the road.

I got inside for a look around, but was requested to not take any pictures.

Reminded me of my days of driving an armored truck, gun ports and all.

4trans

ok i didn't realize they were there that earlier i only realized when the drove it up into the parking lot. the driver loves to drive it. she is the other half of the transport team

powerhouseduece

I was there thursday till about 4 yesterday. Was in the group across from Cabell. I had the m818 there (had a gernade sticker on the windshield) and towed up my friends FMTV trailer.

The only way to tell who people were was if they wrote there S/N on there name tag. Mine was Matt PHD. I need to talk to my friend and see if I can get some SS flags made up so you could fly them on a antenna.

I got to meet a few more members there this year, but im sure I missed a few. Good times!

HAWKMAN

Best show ever for me...enjoyed a frosty beverage with maddog and great conversation that solved the worlds problems:lol:......Friday was a bit extreme with the heat but well worth it!! Thanks to everyone that picked-up their items, you've restored my faith in the human race!! I'll take a couple days off and then get ready for WWII weekend in Reading.
Next big one is Gilbert.......hmm...what to bring................

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Anyone see the MRAP? that pulled in a little before noon
I was asked to park my M-2-4 beside the MRAP, by the lady and gentlemen who brought it to the show. I did not know that it was built by International. They wanted a picture of a 1941 International MV parked next to one of the most current versions of a an International MV. As soon as I can download pictures from my camera I will post the picture of the MRAP. This MRAP is constanly on the move going from show to show. It is great that the International Corp spent the money to bring it to Aberdeen.

Dodge man

I didn't go but Modified brought some parts down for me from NYS and met PanzerWillie and turned them over to him and he brought them to Florida and meet me about 20 miles from my home and gave then to me and neither wanted any money for their efforts. Thanks guys!!

stumps

Chuck,

By chance did you purchase your board on Saturday from CARNAC and need some rope to tie it down with?
Yep! That was me with my Sunset Beach T-shirt, and boonie cap.
I met Maddog308 and CARNAC at the show. Both were very nice people.
I am certain I met quite a few of the guys, but I couldn't tell. I couldn't quite bring myself to ask everyone I met who they were.

I figured at least there would be someone selling Steel Soldiers T-Shirts.
As for SS colors not showing at the event, if I hadn’t seen Maddog's windshield marking, I would have missed him. He directed me to both JAtonka and CARNAC.

I think I saw Bruce's M925 when I entered as well as Kevin's Huey right in front of the entrance to the seating area of the stadium.

The weather Saturday morning was great, low 70's, no blairing sun, nice breeze. Don't know if it rained in the PM, as I left around 1:00 PM to go into work for a couple of hours.
It was a beautiful day. The rain held off at least until I left around 1 or 2 PM.

-Chuck

tstone

Guys, great trip for me too! I've been attending the rally for years since it was over at APG and this is the second time that we (me and my kids) have camped out at the event. I was able to meet some great guys from Steel Soldiers this year (Brandon & Neil from NC) and got to talk with many others that I have met before. It is great to get together with other folks who are genuinely excited about the hobby and are "over the top" about sharing information and expeirences. I was able to pick up a few parts for some of my MV's and some other accessories although I was not able to secure a MBU (modern burn unit) for my spare field ranges. If anyone has one for sale in the near future please let me know.

Keep Safe,
God Bless,

Tom Stone

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
All,

Just got home at 3:55 pm EST.

As usually had a lot of last minute excitement as I was suppose to be leaving but again, Dudley and his sons come to the rescue along with Jesse and Ian. Thanks to everyone that made the time up at Aberdeen another huge fun time. Not sure if CHW will allow me to come next year or not. I think if I do, I gotta get here to come and therefore take the kids out of school or something.

(CHW=Carnacs Hot Wife)LOL.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys, great trip for me too! I've been attending the rally for years since it was over at APG and this is the second time that we (me and my kids) have camped out at the event. I was able to meet some great guys from Steel Soldiers this year (Brandon & Neil from NC) and got to talk with many others that I have met before. It is great to get together with other folks who are genuinely excited about the hobby and are "over the top" about sharing information and expeirences. I was able to pick up a few parts for some of my MV's and some other accessories although I was not able to secure a MBU (modern burn unit) for my spare field ranges. If anyone has one for sale in the near future please let me know.

Keep Safe,
God Bless,

Tom Stone
Welcome to the site, Tom.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there, amongst the crowd.

Thanks to Dudley for keeping law and order(including me).

Had a great time, met some really great people.

As usual, Cabel's meal was awesome.

Thanks to everyone, for a great show and a really good time together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks