• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who won what on 12 NOV?

AN/ARC186

I scored an S-280 shelter, 50 5 gallon MWCs and just for the heck of it a M-68 duct heater. No one bid on the duct heater so I just threw a bid on it for fun. I lugged it home and it fired right up....

Still have to get the S-280 from Riley, luckily they are right down the road.

I got a rock.............

Attachments

Brian Thomas

This may not be the place but I will ask any way.

There are a couple trucks for sale at the DRMO north of me but I cant figure out how you bid on these? The auction says there are bidding restrictions and all that but says you dont need to fill out the EUC till after the end of the auction.? So where is the button to bid? I looked all over the site and cant figure it out. Please be empathetic to my ignorance.

Brian Thomas

Ok, I got it. The listing is posted but cant be bid on till the start date of the 17th. then it ends on the 19th. Got it! i will keep an eye on them.

Is the auction awarded the highest bidder or is there a reserve? What I mean is, if no one bids can the said auction be had for a couple hundred bucks?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, on my watch list there is a bar that says status and the date is nov 17 and then there is a bar that says end date nov 19th? Any ideas?

I would figure it is active.
"Figuring it is active" is NOT knowing it is active!

If you go to the event calender, you will find that the bidding for auctions ending on 11/19 will not begin untill (0001 hrs / 12:01 a.m.) on 11/17. GL auctions typically have 3 business-day bidding windows. Also be aware that auction closing times are EASTERN TIME.

Hope that this helps you out.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the auction awarded the highest bidder or is there a reserve? What I mean is, if no one bids can the said auction be had for a couple hundred bucks?
These are a good questions....

Short answer: You've got to bid to win.

More....
Most lots have an opening bid of $150.00 (minimum) and there is no "secret" reserve. If only one bidder submits an auto-bid for $1000, but the lot opens for $150 with no competition, then the sole bidder wins at $150. (The auto-bid is somewhat comparable to eBay's proxy bidding. - if you are familiar with that function.)

If you want GL stuff CHEAP, then you must at least submit the opening bid and hope that no one out-bids your low-ball submmission.
To the best of my understanding, No-Bid lots are simply held by GL for posting again in another event (or possibly returned to DRMO for other disposition - scrap???) Can anyone shed some light on this??

Again, I hope this helps.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the best of my understanding, No-Bid lots are simply held by GL for posting again in another event (or possibly returned to DRMO for other disposition - scrap???) Can anyone shed some light on this??
I believe it's up to the local manager. There is a vehicle at Ft Sam that has sold at least 3 times but never picked up. They're finally selling it as scrap versus an EUC item.

Not sure how this thread went south but------

I had the privledge of meeting Joe (M35_military_parts) the other day.

Had a good visit and learned a few things about the trucks that we all love.

seemed to me that he is a stand up guy with the desire to share his

mechanical knowledge and expeireance with others.

he has quite the inventory and took the time out of his very busy day to give

me the grand tour and explain some transmission rebuild tips to me.

Thanks Joe.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frodo:
I was bidding on 4-5 of them trying to get one, but all the ones I bid on were pushed past the auction end time and you what happens then. It looks like most sold for between 5-8 hundred dollars. I should have just bitten the bullet, cause the price was a steal! But then I would be worrying about the 500 mile round trip to pick it up!
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks