• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's M52??

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to find some pictures I saw here some time ago of a Vietnam era M52 with yellow headlights. Can't find the pics, it was freshly restored.

Just got my M52A2 home yesterday. Bed is coming off soon. Needs E-brake shoes, front boots, probably an inner front seal - driver side, clutch adjusted, a new rear brake adjuster & an exhaust gasket, other than that, it's a sweet truck - really like it. Love the power steering. LDS-465A1 has no blow-by :D . Came with almost 100 gallons of fuel in the tanks, 2 new correct batteries as well.

I'm probably going to paint it into Vietnam era, as delivered. I believe it was built as an A2 - 1968.

Attachments

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a google on a book called "the hard ride". It's about vietnam gun trucks. There are a lot of 52's in it. And a few with the amber lights.

vtdeucedriver

Hey Kevin, that would be me!!!! Let me know what you need for info and I will help you out. I would love to see another tractor in 8th GP markings.

Oh by the way, I have not painted the yellow nose on it yet like my other trucks!
You can e mail me at
vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes Jeff, these are the pictures I was looking for. Really like your truck(s). I'm looking for some yellow headlights for it too. I'd like to chat with you about your truck.