• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are Fording Switches Removed?

TXManka

Most of the HMMWV’s on Govplanet seem to have fording kits (extended snorkel and exhaust) but the fording switches on the dash always seem to be removed. Is this something they remove during the demil process or were they never there to begin with?

Be glad they still have the snorkel and exhaust. I got mine a year ago and at that time they were removing the key components for deep water fording. So on mine they took off the snorkel, exhaust pipe, fording switch, and CDR valve. Now I think they just remove the switch and the CDR valve.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Most of the HMMWV’s on Govplanet seem to have fording kits (extended snorkel and exhaust) but the fording switches on the dash always seem to be removed. Is this something they remove during the demil process or were they never there to begin with?
Have some fun with that empty hole on the dash.
Get yourself a little metal plate or a vinyl decal. Install a dummy switch.
Then on the decal work up the words "CAUTION Passenger Ejection Seat"

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Government doesn't want anyone driving around when they go under.

Holding my breath, CAMO

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Government doesn't want anyone driving around when they go under.

Holding my breath, CAMO
I think you are supposed to drive REALLY FAST through the water (when fording) so you don't have to hold your breath quite so long.
:cool:
Now if you had that switch...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Mine looked like they decided to remove it with a crowbar….. so annoying.
I know the guys responsible for DeMil don't really care - but you would think that they could do better. Then again too, it isn't costing them any more or less to do a hack job than doing it right. Either way to them it doesn't matter...

For all we really know the DeMil job that week was handed out as punishment for not reading their "Woke" literature for the week.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine looked like they decided to remove it with a crowbar….. so annoying.
I have seen some that are really bad and it had to take longer to make a mess like that then removing 2 bolts. I don’t understand because that’s a part of the firewall and forms the cowling for the engine cover. You think they have a training course for it? No don’t hold your ax like that hold it like this you get a harder swing. I would fire them instantly! I have fired lots of people and never much liked it but that’s one I would do for free. Butchers!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks