• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are goats on the DEMIL list?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are gamma goats on the demil list? The only reason I can think of is the noise and I do not think that is an excuse to put it on the list. Did they have a tendency to over turn wit the 4 wheel steering?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steering may have been a big issue on the original demil codes but those were changed in Nov 2014. I bought 2 from the NC Forestry Dept in Jan with no demil requirements. Several other SSrs have bought them in the last year.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And there was a nice one on GL 3 months ago that had to be scraped, government logic :cookoo:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that the reason for the demil is that people unfamiliar with the steering characteristics were having a lot of accidents. I also heard that a lady in New York sued the military when her husband killed himself in a goat accident while off-roading. When I was in the army back in 71, we were receiving goats as replacements and almost immediately, we had a series of serious accidents that were steering related. Goat steering doesn't return to center by itself. Safe with common sense and proper training.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks