• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are goats on the DEMIL list?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are gamma goats on the demil list? The only reason I can think of is the noise and I do not think that is an excuse to put it on the list. Did they have a tendency to over turn wit the 4 wheel steering?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steering may have been a big issue on the original demil codes but those were changed in Nov 2014. I bought 2 from the NC Forestry Dept in Jan with no demil requirements. Several other SSrs have bought them in the last year.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And there was a nice one on GL 3 months ago that had to be scraped, government logic :cookoo:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand that the reason for the demil is that people unfamiliar with the steering characteristics were having a lot of accidents. I also heard that a lady in New York sued the military when her husband killed himself in a goat accident while off-roading. When I was in the army back in 71, we were receiving goats as replacements and almost immediately, we had a series of serious accidents that were steering related. Goat steering doesn't return to center by itself. Safe with common sense and proper training.