• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are my tires going flat?

JCKnife

Last fall I bought a M200A1 trailer just to scavenge parts off it and scrap out the frame. The tires have been sitting in my garage since November. They were full when I drove it home (full enough to get here with no problems, for sure!).

Now they're all flat. What would have caused that?

Made me check the tires on the deuce, which I've had for over a year now. They were about 10 lbs low but that's all. Even the spare, which was cracked and aged badly, had good pressure.

I put one of the trailer tires on as the new spare and 2 weeks later it is totally empty.

Bad valve stems? Maybe...but all 4 since November?

JCKnife

Nah, the tires on the deuce are fine! Even the spare that was just hanging there sideways held air...I thought maybe it was because they were not "under load" but neither was my old spare.

(and yes, I think you're just pulling my chain, Gimpy...)

pmramsey

You mentioned new stems last November. Might these be tubeless tires? If so, you may need to dismount the tires, remove rust from the rims, lightly sand the rims, treat them, and remount the tires after cleaning the tire walls as well.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I have a tube type tire that is leaking, I never patch it. I always replace the tube with a new one. Most of the tubes in these trucks and trailers are many years old and have dry rotten. The labor is such a pain that in my mind replacing the tube is worth the small expense.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks