• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why are these not for sale on GL

citizensoldier

I might be wrong, but I think the shipping might kill the deal :wink:
Need to put together a Steel Soldiers group buy and fill shipping containers and a BF ship! Its just organizing such things are hard and we need a Steel Soldier member with Europe know how and connections on a east coast port.. Way beyond my know how but I would sure pay good $ for a nice WC63 6x6 or some other good WWII leftovers..
Bring em home guys! :cry:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was at Mechanicsburg on Wednesday and there were 3 complete M66 ring mounts with legs. When I asked about what was the lot number, I was told that they were going to be mutilated. This is sad. They would not even part with the legs because that is all that I need. I am going to do a Google search and see when the last time a ring mount leg was used in the commission of a crime or act of terror!!!

Blood_of_Tyrants

Need to put together a Steel Soldiers group buy and fill shipping containers and a BF ship! Its just organizing such things are hard and we need a Steel Soldier member with Europe know how and connections on a east coast port.. Way beyond my know how but I would sure pay good $ for a nice WC63 6x6 or some other good WWII leftovers..
Bring em home guys! :cry:

There are literally hundreds of container ships rusting at anchor because they can't get a load in this economy. You might be able to get a deal on one to fill out a load.

Blood_of_Tyrants

All US made equipment that was lend/leased can NEVER come back! The only way is to get a special exemption from the State Department.
True for Lend/Lease items, but the US also SOLD a lot of surplus equipment to foreign countries. Those CAN be repatriated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blood_of_Tyrants

All US made equipment that was lend/leased can NEVER come back! The only way is to get a special exemption from the State Department.

Not true. Most equipment that was GIVEN to foreign countries can never be sold back in the US. This was done because the US taxpayer paid for it once when it was made and then it was given outright to foreign countries. It was thought that those foreign countries shouldn't be selling something to taxpayers that they had already bought.

Other equipment was simply abandoned because it was cheaper to abandon it and replace it than ship it back to the US where it would sit in huge yards until it was scrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks