• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why did this one go for so much $

MinnesotaGuy

I have been thinking about a RV based LMTV so I have been reviewing past sales from GovPlanet.

Trying to understand pricing and I don't fully understand why this went for over $20k.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have been thinking about a RV based LMTV so I have been reviewing past sales from GovPlanet.

Trying to understand pricing and I don't fully understand why this went for over $20k.

Keep an eye on that particular item... It could end up "through the blocks" again because the winner figured out he or she had paid too much after the auction was complete. Penalty for that too...

Doesn't have a winch. The listing mentions hydraulics - and yes - technically the cab jack and spare tire handler is hydraulic. Don't get suckered into believing there is a PTO and a pump if you are shopping for a truck.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just think 7/10yrs ago $23k would have bought you every truck GL was selling that week and probably the next.
I have literally driven a $1400 auction truck from the auction in KS to our place in AZ, with a second truck on towbars behind it.

"The good old days" , when you could frequently find trucks at near the scrap value of the steel.

Those days are long gone.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ARMAGEDON IS COMING !!!! Got to get your army trucks now they have magical powers to thwart off evil and zombies sale the house and buy a 5 ton now no matter how much govplanet runs the bid up !!!!!

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First time buyers in a bidding war most likely. It's been to depot and looks like a solid runner but it's just a cargo, no winch, no AC, and a 3116 A0 truck. Definitely not worth the auction price or dealing with the EUC, etc.

Anyone that's familiar with these wouldn't have paid that. I've seen plenty of nice A1 private party trucks go for half that and no EUC.

Plenty of retards out there that worship the 3116 because they get caught up in the "purely mechanical" engine with no computer. Failing to realize that the early Allison transmission controllers on those trucks were significantly more problematic than the later engine controllers and will make the truck just as useless when it fails.

They have many other wiring issues as well - the PDP for one is not that great - charging systems were inadequate in the extreme - and the A0's were statistically less than half as reliable with MTBF in the range of 15k miles with A1 and later trucks being highly praised for more than doubling MTBF.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks