• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why does one truck 'whistle' more? Both -1C w/ C tubos

Hammer

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Why does one truck

Funny part of this is, my wife's truck will be the nicely restored truck. And it has the -1D motor with the D turbo.
BUT, she wants the truck to really whistle! I guess it will be more impressive driving in parades, etc.

I wouldn't say mine whistles THAT loud though Barrman. It would be kind of neat if it did though. I know she would get a kick out of it.

otisroy

My buddy's dad said they had a truck in their unit that whistled so loud that it was notorious. Nobody wanted to be near it.

emr

so is it being said that the 427 turbo is a louder whistler? very very cool if so, i have one and if i thought it really did i would swap em in a minute, if anyone really knows i would apprecieate a PM greatly, thanks !!! cool thread, good, truck talk...

randyscycle

Hammer, one thing that may make a difference is fuel quality/age.

My truck was running on straight diesel when I got it, and it would sing. Now with a 50% WMO gasoline mix, it seems a bit quieter. Not much, but definitely a bit subdued. Of course, I may be getting used to it too!

Barrman

Kenny is correct. Sermis has the LDS427 turbo on one of his trucks. You have to try to hear any turbo noise at all. Normally, it can only be heard by somebody a few hundred feet away as he is shifting.