• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why so many Wreckers at Camp Shelby?

Csm Davis

yes there is a mix of good to soso trucks most are fixable but some will cost more than others some good ones were sent to huntsville but there are still some here but the 936s that are here are the ones that were left after the rebuild contract was fulfilled same for the thousand or so 931 a932 standerd and A1's that will sell down here. if any of you want the numbers of some trucking outfits that come through PM me.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
For transportation, call Brian Stillwell at BNR trucking. He is in Michigan but has the best prices you will find. His ph # is 810-577-8670 He is constantly on the road so what he does is make a drop off at where ever then he will go to the next closest pick up he has. That way he only charges for mileage from where your truck is to where it's going. From the time I called him and my truck was in the driveway was 5 days, and his price was half of the price of the next company.
Tell him Mark D. said to use him.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Keep in mind that an M936 weighs around 36,000 pounds....you are going to be competing with the scrappers for all of the trucks regardless of running condition.

Very few of them will sell below scrap value.

There is also the core value of engines/transmissions/winches/radiators. etc, and the wrecker beds themselves.

When I bought my M816 from Shelby it had a bad engine and I basically got it for scrap price....after shipping, repowering and other issues I would have been a lot better off previewing and buying one in running condition.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

Precision Towing

I guess I need a 936 Wrecker, and there's a slug of them at Shelby. Question is why? Are they accumulated junkers awaiting rebuild, good trucks waiting rebuild, or a mix?

Am trying to reduce risk in a photo-based bid, of course.

Adn while I'm at it, anybody know a good transporter who can pick up and haul to Western Illinois?

Thanks much.

Mark
I have an uncle that is a contract armorer at Camp Shelby and he can take a look at anything for you.