• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why still "water in fuel"

Did a bunch of filter changes, oil, cdr valve, and fuel. While the fuel filter was off, I wiped off, then brass brushed, the sensor. It still shows water in fuel.
I also did a bunch of electrical work. I cleaned all the bus bar connections and dielectric greased them, and also the headlight grounds. I put eyelets on the the ends of the battery cables instead of the old clamps, and put on HMMW battery clamps, with dielectric grease.
Removed the blackout light, it's like new inside, and works fine btw.
I think that's all for today.

Somemedic

I get the WIF light intermittantly when I hit a bump. This is after I changed the filter last week. Wait light does it as well for some damn reason. GPcontroller card is bypassed in favor of a manual button. Any thoughts?

That might be a faulty connection. Perhaps check the ground. There is a multi-pronged grounding block, just a little thing with spade terminals jutting out. It is located on the left side of the inside of the vehicle, out of sight behind the dummy lights.

1stDeuce

I thought in my old '82 blazer, the water in fuel sensor was actually in the fuel tank... If so, you may have water in the tank. If it's in the filter unit, it could be rusted or stuck, or unplugged?? I can't remember how the WIF sensor works... I think a float based on specific gravity difference?
Good luck!
C

Mudstone

the TM says that the WIF light means there is too much water IN the tank itself and would require the tank to be removed and drained. I think it was the TM... or the GM diesel motors repair manual. Either way i think you have water in the tank itself... i would suggest running the fuel down and draining into a bucket. then wait till it settles and see.