• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why Ya Gotta Be So Mean?

DeucesWild11

So as if the truck didn't look badass enough I decided on a small mod around the headlights. I made it out of 1/4" steel, nothing new just some stuff I had lying around. I mocked it up first with some cardboard so I could see if I liked the angle. Then cut it out and welded it on. What do ya think? Look meaner?
Deuce1.jpgDeuce2.jpgDeuce3.jpgDeuce4.jpgDeuce5.jpgDeuce6.jpg

DeucesWild11

Tennmogger, nope it's just for looks. The headlights are like candlelight anyway so I'm not losing much.. lol I got LED driving lights under the bumber that are basically my main lights for "seeing"

rustystud

Any mod that makes it harder to work on your truck is not a good mod in my opinion. I like to make things easier not harder to work on. Now if it added structural strength to a weak area that would be fine, but since there is no weak area there it's just silly. Now that is just my opinion and everyone knows that all opinions are like "A-holes" . Everyone has one and they all stink !

dmetalmiki

Hmm..The vote here (amonst our members) is that it (the shades white chain bundle and hot rod spotlights) 'softens' the truck to look like a civilian vehicle. Cream paint and smaller tires would complete the job nicely..(!(sorry no likes)).

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the thought of how hard is it to access the screws on the light covers? But it's good you're enjoying your truck! Did you name your truck "Max"? So now it's "Mad Max"? :lol:

I personally would not want to block any of the light without some other useful purpose being served (such as light getting slightly blocked from a cold weather front cover, but the cover has a purpose).

Still, I'd be more concerned about using the proper and wide enough wheels for your 395's there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks