• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why????

bc35339

Why is it that my deuce says (Remove Gas G.) on the hood of it. It was like that when I picked it up from GL. My buddy's truck said (Remove Temp G.) on it when we picked his up and the Temp. G was missing.

My Gas g. is still there like they forgot to remove it.

I dont guess this is a big deal but i would like to know the reason for it..

Thanks for any info!!!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better yet, why remove just one gauge, it would be easier to remove the entire cluster. Or maybe the guy that was supposed to fetch it couldn't read!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radiation!!! You bet, just on the 1950's trucks with the radium lettering on the gauges. Try bringing a old rusted deuce to a modern scrap yard, that's what those sensors are at the scales, they will come running out of the scalehouse and throw you off the property, ask me how I know . . .

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No way to tell that just cause it's a 1966, there isnt a problem. Sometimes old parts are put on trucks that came off older trucks...

M215

Radium Gauge

My M215 has complete AC spark plug Radium gauges except for the speedo. I was able to recently find a nice Radium Speedo to complete the cluster, but the face has a few scratches. Just purchased a 3M plastic headlight lens restoration kit, hope to polish the scratches out of the speedo face.
No I don't open the gauges.
Karl

Last edited: