• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wide load.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I am putting the finishing touches on my new 24x60 shop (Wreckerman's Skunk Works). :D I designed this building before I got bit by the MV bug and only put a 8x10 roll up door on one of the narrow ends (my office is at the other end). :shock: Will a duece go through a 8 foot wide door? Due to space constraints I can't add a door and I don't want to enlarge the present door. Am I doomed to working on my duece out in the dirt? :cry:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many thanks for the replies. I have put many miles on dueces in my military career but I couldn't remember the exact demensions. I have kicked myself in the butt many times over that door and I have to put this one down to "what was I thinking". :? I do have a big equipment shed next to the shop that I can put a big vehicle in. Once my diabolical plans are complete I will have power and air lines out there too. The big bay is 12x12x30 so I should have plenty of room to work on "big boy toys". :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You want shop pics? :?: OK....I'll post some Wed. when I get back to my office. But don't blame me if you get "shop envy". :shock: I'll have pics of the wreckers that are for sale too. :D I can't post pics from here. I'm on leave while I finish up the roof over my "office". I'm considering floating a loan for the gasser. :lol:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here by popular demand are pics of "Wreckerman's Skunk works". :D

The next addition will be a 1100 watt solar power system that will be installed next month so that the shop will be on it's own power system. Since I am only home on weekends I will probably be selling power back to the Co-op. 8)

Twenty years of hard work finally paid off.

Attachments