• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wide Track rear Quadra steer

hot rod deuce

Alrght so i got a little progress on this part too, i think i might have too may projects. So anyway what i did here is take a front steer axle and chop one side off and add 7.5 inches to make both sides equal lenght. so i will use two long side axles. this will enable me to have one rear steer and one normal rear axle. yet all 4 rear tires will be in one track (just remember i have custom rims and the rears are on like the outside dual would be to widen the track because the truck is over a foot taller than stock and some what unstable).This one will be in the middle and when I want to quadra steer all i will lift the rear axle.

I basicly chopped it in half but first removed the bull gear and bearing, replaced them with slugs to center a shaft in the center section. Before i cut it off i welded a 1.5 inch wide bushing on the end to ensure all is strait after assembly. next it was time to cut and widend with 1/2 inch grade 80 bar stock and welded up. After i had it back together STRAIT i decided to weld the straps down the front and rear on each side. To do this and eliminate any warpage i pre heated the whole assembly to 375* and then welded it in a spiral pattern

Any ideas?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
holy moly!