• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wieght of dump unit

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know how much the dump unit weighs? I am talking about dump bed with sub-frame and hydraulics all together.

The M51A2 weighs in at 21,986 lbs, the M52A2 at 18,560

The M52A2 fifth wheel assembly and some other hardware probably weigh in at about 550 to 600 Lbs. So I assume the dump unit weighs about 4,000 lbs or 1,800 kg (weight M51A2 minus weight M52A2, add the 600 lbs of the fifth wheel to the difference).

Does this sounds ok or does anybody has hard data from the TM or other sources?

mckeeranger

That's probably a pretty good guess.

I can't remember what TM it was, but I remember reading the weight of an M809 series truck chassis is around 19,000# Wo/W. Our XM817 is just over 23,000# Wo/W. That would be the same 4,000 you are coming up with.

The dump apparatus on the M51A2 is essentially the same as the M817.

I'll see if I can find the TM with that information. It's on my external hard drive, somewhere. :-?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe it's in the operating instructions, like with the M39s, that's where I got the info.

I am designing and chosing material for the support legs for the dump unit, don't want to make them too light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks