• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wierd find, what is it?

Rvitko

So, I frequent eBay just to see what comes up for CUCVs and I check Blazer, M1009, etc too. Often I just check out other peoples trucks and buy nothing. Under Blazer I found this odd seat and it had an NSN number and was upholstered Bronze, after many relistings and some months of being on the site I bought it because it was eating at me as I could find nothing on it and thought it could be something cool and rare, some kind of gunners nest or radioman chair. What is it? Does it even belong in an M1009? It looks like it might go in an M1010 as it has rollers that go in a track and I could see it being useful for a medic in the ambulance. You can adjust the seat height about 12" and it turns and pivots and has a seat belt, basically a big bike seat on a heavy mount with track rollers and a seat belt. Just to be clear, I own this now, I am just trying to figure out what the heck I own and it is not listed on eBay. The NSN does not link to any particular vehicle in my searches.

Attachments

Rvitko

Thank you! That was along the lines of what I was thinking once I saw it in person. Looks like it would make a good deer blind seat anyway.

Rvitko

Cool, I just don't want to turn this into a selling thread, if you know someone looking, I am not attached to it now that I know it won't fit my truck. I wasn't looking to make any money, just thought it could be the find of the century and took a chance.