• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WIF light/ WTS light seem to Flicker

Somemedic

In the morning when I get in the blazer sometimes the Wait to Start light comes on, or flickers, or doesnt. I have a manual gP button I push anyway so its not a huge ordeal but the Water in Fuel light blinks simultaneously with it. If the road is rough or I slam the door they will also illuminate. Sound like a short or the WIF sensor? GP card? It runs and idles fine but the WIF light bothers me since it detects water and also fuel flow restriction.

hobie237

The glowplug light is a function of the glow plug card. Since you have a manual setup, ignore it. Or do what I did, pull out the card and the light never comes on.

As for the WIF light, I get that sometimes. I'm pretty sure it's just the sensor. As far as I know it works by measuring the resistance of what it's in, the resistance of water being different from diesel fuel. Some corrosion or other junk buildup on the probe (story of my life) can cause a faulty reading. Just drain it periodically and forget about it.

Wartburg

this might answer my Q.

I have been putting Radio my 1985 cucv m1008. I am really not a election and this 24 or 28 volt system (I have read that its a 28 volt somewhere) is throwing me for a loop.:evil: I believe I am having grounding problems. :?:
I had some problems with getting the head lights to work a few weeks ago and had to put a jumper so that I could get it to the house. I found a constant hot plug-in on the fuse panel, and got the light, horn blinkers, break lights to work so that I could drive it back home by putting a jumper from the light switch to fuse panel. It had been working fin and I had not taken the time to fix it back until tonight. For some reason the head light started working without the jumper for about 5 minutes tonight but have now stopped again and if I plug the damn jumper back in the horn now blows.
The glow plugs are acting crazy now and the WHATE light stopped working, Is this because of the card????
I can not get power at the glow plugs now either?

Dose any one have a wiring diagram for this truck?

Would you do the 12volt switch???:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks