• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wife complained deuce is to loud

IMA944T

After driving it a few times she almost ok with it when it needs to be driven. Her big complaint was it was to loud. So after installing carpet (yes carpet) it made to deuce a whole lot easier on the ears. Fit it up behind the fire wall to rear of cab just cut slits for shifters. It did make a big difference, Alot less heat coming up from underneath also. and it's very easy to remove.

IMA944T

No need to get different wife. Shes to good. She will drive it if needs to. Some time if we just go to Home Depot she'll drive. She likes to four by in the Jeep and shoot guns. She thinks my 50 BMG Armalite is alittle loud also. She will not wear muff. Muffs don't go on your ears anyway.
Think about getting another exhaust pipe from turbo to stock riser. Have capabilties of making nice looking Y in pipe to route exhaust under truck so it still has the stock look but a muffler would be routed so it can't be seen much at all. That would help a ton or maybe 2.5 tons. Are the exhaust tubing light stainless or aluminum. have't inspected pipe that close.

Last edited:

IMA944T

That wistle would be a bonus to me. Mine doesn't make much of a sound at all. The carpet does make it more pleasent to drive due to the lack of heat coming from around shifters in our 90 to 100 degree heat. but you can hear new and interesting noise that have never been heard before ( not the wife either )

Reactions: art

tm america

ask her to get out and look for the exhaust leak so you can fix it . when she gets out go find a new without that pesky complaining problem.remember we have two ears and one mouth so we should listen twice as much as we talk :roll:

bgekky3

I don't want to have to post my air seat, carpeted deuce again. I drove 1800 miles with my wife and a cat when we moved. I am still married, and the cat didn't run away. It's your truck do as you want. I made mine so that the whole family can enjoy it. I miss the exhaust note, but I don't miss the muffs. If the better half is happy, you are happy. If you use your truck and it doesn't meet the scrap yard, no one here should complain.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know Stretch is pretty happy with his Deuce at Haspin that has the muffler on it. It is definitely quieter than the other trucks at the rally and being a "D" turbo helped as well.

sw