• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wife wants me to do the unthinkable due to the Florida DMV debacle!

Autonomy_Lost

I thought this forum banned title and registration talk? Guess not anymore….every post about it is just a great tool for DMV investigators and Hwy patrol, think I’m kidding? I had a conversation with a “person” of knowledge and a revoked registration who was told flat out that they love these forums.
HMMWV's are no longer sold with "off road only" restrictions on the SF97 so I don't see the issue. No one is discussing anything remotely illegal.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWV's are no longer sold with "off road only" restrictions on the SF97 so I don't see the issue. No one is discussing anything remotely illegal.
well, your just wrong….USMC trucks don’t have “off Hwy“ printed on the SF97, DLA trucks do…and you clearly never read your TSC approval letter on USMC trucks.

a. Unless compliant with State and Federal regulations, these vehicles are for off-road use only.

Autonomy_Lost

well, your just wrong….USMC trucks don’t have “off Hwy“ printed on the SF97, DLA trucks do…and you clearly never read your TSC approval letter on USMC trucks.

a. Unless compliant with State and Federal regulations, these vehicles are for off-road use only.
"Unless compliant", yes you have to add backup lights and get them inspected, etc. No different from any other vehicle.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Unless compliant", yes you have to add backup lights and get them inspected, etc. No different from any other vehicle.
and this is why these conversations shouldn’t be allowed…
these vehicles don’t meet FMVSS requirements in several states, one is California, this too can be debated.
But going back to your statement that these trucks don’t have a “restriction“ is wrong…
Title and registration for road use is a state by state scenario…always has been, always will be, same as gun Laws

Autonomy_Lost

and this is why these conversations shouldn’t be allowed…
these vehicles don’t meet FMVSS requirements in several states, one is California, this too can be debated.
But going back to your statement that these trucks don’t have a “restriction“ is wrong…
Title and registration for road use is a state by state scenario…always has been, always will be, same as gun Laws
Edit: Retracted

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont you sell humvees? Do you sell them with on road titles?

Edit: theres a video on your facebook page of you driving an m1167 on the road. Rules for thee but not for me?
yes, I sell several trucks a month, with an SF97

yes, that truck is on a private road at my shop…anything else you’d like to know?
clearly you have some BS Ax to grind here…and you have just made my point as to why this topic shouldn’t be allowed.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the top of the hmmwv page is Sticky…this topic has been beat before.
To bad Mods don’t enforce it…

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Autonomy, you and I have been members here for a hot minute, while RWH has supported this forum since 2005. You’re a good guy so think about that.

I’m not sure picking a fight with such a well respected, honest, helpful and insightful member is in your or this sites best interests.

Just sayin’.

Autonomy_Lost

I acknowledge RWH has been a valuable member here. Wasn't trying to pick a fight, just a little frustrating that we can't even discuss something which has many legal avenues.

But rules are rules, so I will let this go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks