• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will 31 Gal tank fit in M1009

2deuce

When I got this burb I thought good, I read somewhere that this big tank will fit a M1009. Today I dropped my tank and wished I didn't. Twisted off a strap bolt and played half the day putting it all back together. It was my fault for not measuring before I started. The tank will fit between the frame rails but not between the crossmembers. Its 8 inches or so longer than the original tank. The original tank fits in there tight, the only way to get a bigger tank in there would be to make it deeper, not longer or wider.

2deuce

My problem was with a M1009. You can't move the crossmember to make it fit in the M1009. M1008 has more room back there but I think I would consider about getting another saddle tank, there was an option for duel tanks.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I want to add the spare saddle tank AND the rear fuel tank in my M1028A2.

That should give me 80 gallons (ish) which SHOULD give me a range of 800 - 1200 miles, depending on my speed an my load.

richey5663

Good news 30 gal tank fits well and is hooked up.. bad news 27 gal straps will not work =(. Ordered the new straps tonight. They are all that is holding me back now!!!!

richey5663

Straps came in last night. Tank is up. The skid plate didn't fit but would with spacers. I was in too much of a hurry last night racing the sun to mess with it (a project for another day). She runs good and no leaks. All seems well :!: I posted an add for the old tank if anyone needs a FREE tank and straps (no sending unit: it was bad). I will post an album this weekend of my adventures. Thanx for all the help guys and gals!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks