• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a 6453 tranny work in a M35a2?

Cleptomaniac

The title sez it all. Will the 6453 tranny work in a M35A2?
If so will it help with final OD? And what mods if any will it take to make it work?

Thanks
Danny

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You'll need a 5ton bell at the least, which puts the starter on the drivers side. Not sure if the motor mounts for the 5ton bell would match or not.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
you will also have to move the transfer case way back to fit the much larger trans. there are much easier ways to get better overdrive.

tom

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I believe the pto is on the passenger side of the 6453, more or less making the factory winch setup impossible.

Short answer (as always): there are no shortcuts or cheaper way outs in life that are worth pursuing.

Buy Tom's od kit and be done with it.

Cleptomaniac

Thanks guys! I have looked at Toms OD but haven't the equipment or know how to install it. Found one of the transmissions cheep and figures if it was something I could toss in...

Thanks for the info!
Danny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks