• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a DT466 fit in a M35a2

spicergear

Not trying to hi jack the thread bu doesn't the DT360 have a rear sump oil pan? Wouldn't that be to close to the front axle?
The 1160 V8 CAT I put into my deuce crane truck has a rear sump pan. Fortunately the pan lands where the driver's side of the Rockwell chunk is rounded not where the large rectangular upper access plate is so that aids in pan clearance. Also people, there's not rule that says the engine can't go in a few degrees tilted one way or another for clearance.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah and the mid 80s bus mounts come in handy when they are a flat plate with 2 vertical mounting bars so you can add a cross plate at whatever height you want.

nevrenufhp

Not trying to hi jack the thread bu doesn't the DT360 have a rear sump oil pan? Wouldn't that be to close to the front axle?
The 360 and 466 can be had with either a front or rear sump. Your friendly local IH dealer can get those for you, or at least give you the part number you need. The pan & pickup combo turns up on ebay every now & then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks