• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will a M101 cover fit a M116?

Sergeant1983

I have a M116 with a Humvee cover on it. The original covers are hard to find and to expensive. I am putting sides on using two 6" 5/4 deck boards. About a foot high. Is that high enough to latch a M101 trailer cover on? Or do I need to use one more deck board? Also, what is a Humvee soft cover top worth?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M101 cover will come down to just above the fenderwells. If your boards go that high it should just touch. If you want to keep out weather, they will need to be higher.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the M116 genset trailers had a bulkhead in the front. If your doesn't have the bulkhead, you may have to get creative in keeping road spooge out of the trailer. Maybe even stitch or glue an extension on the front.

Sergeant1983

I do not think the top I have is actually for a M101. It has extra material for an angled (pitched roof type top). Center is about a foot higher than the sides.

glassk

I have a M116 with a Humvee cover on it. The original covers are hard to find and to expensive. I am putting sides on using two 6" 5/4 deck boards. About a foot high. Is that high enough to latch a M101 trailer cover on? Or do I need to use one more deck board? Also, what is a Humvee soft cover top worth?
Make me an offer on this tan one from my M116A1 trailer, does have a couple of tears though,...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks