• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will an old fashioned GM speed driven fan clutch fit the HMMWV?

kc5mzd

You can easily disable the fan on the m998 by unplugging the delay module and plug in the fan's hyd solenoid directly into the harness that was plugged into the delay module.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
True but is was hoping the viscous clutch would engage at a lower temp. I wanted to install a 180 thermostat and hope to keep it less than 205 deg. The fan now does not come on until above 200 and off at 190.

kc5mzd

The fan is turned on by a thermostatic switch. Have you tried finding one that operates at a lower temp?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly I haven't. I was told the military only used one temp switch. Id love to try that first.

kc5mzd

Google [FONT=&quot]8037024P, It seems pricey but it is normally closed 195deg and stands a chance of working???[/FONT]

kc5mzd

I usually swap in a 175 or so thermostat and leave the fan switch alone. The thermostat alone helps greatly with the heat here in south Texas.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey thanks for the info. It will be used in south Texas at times also. I think it will work out great on hog hunting trips. I've ordered a Robert Shaw 330-180 thermostat for it. It worked great in my M1028.