• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will Bose Triport Noise Cancelling Headsets Work on VIC-1 System?

Crapgame

When I ETSed we were just starting to get the first SINCGARS. A big leap forward, running two 1439Cs vs an RT-524 and an RT-442 Aux and having to switch back and forth the freqs on the radio and aux to be able to take fire missions from FISTers and Rifle Plts.

Anyhooo, modern VRC systems are outside my lane, so figured I'd ask here if the Bose Triport Noise Cancelling Headsets will work with the VIC-1 intercom system station boxes? Like how the newer type replacement hand mics with the channel selectors have two different 6pin connectors on them. Just wondering if there is a compatability problem.

IroncladGA

When I ETSed we were just starting to get the first SINCGARS. A big leap forward, running two 1439Cs vs an RT-524 and an RT-442 Aux and having to switch back and forth the freqs on the radio and aux to be able to take fire missions from FISTers and Rifle Plts.

Anyhooo, modern VRC systems are outside my lane, so figured I'd ask here if the Bose Triport Noise Cancelling Headsets will work with the VIC-1 intercom system station boxes? Like how the newer type replacement hand mics with the channel selectors have two different 6pin connectors on them. Just wondering if there is a compatability problem.
My experience is the Bose does not work with vic-1. Your most common headset options are the classic H-161 headsets or the H-251 headset coupled with a hand mic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

papakb

There are plenty of the Racal RA5400 raptor headsets out there that are noise cancelling that will work with the VIC-1 with the small adapter box that I build to supply power to the noise cancelling circuitry. We have used them on several different PRC series radios and the RT-246/524s.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks