• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will car batteries work?

spicergear

I looked at 31's in my M931A2 and they were too tall for comfort/clearance to the steel bottom of the seat above. Best price I found on the 6TL's was $168 IF I get all 4 at once. I really don't want to go with just two since the wiring is already there and it would cost some to redo that. Plus I looked at other batteries and the pos & neg posts weren't in the correct location to fit the existing heavy wiring. Nearly $700 for batteries...ugh... Got d*mn dead battery garden. :(

alabamafrog

I installed the 2 new 1,000 cca batteries just like the ones in My Ford Powerstroke today and she now starts better than my pickup truck. It spins over very fast and she starts in less than a second.
I did notice some sparking when I hooked up the cables so I'm wondering if its going to drain the batts over time, I think I will install batt terminal disconnects on it tomorrow.
Also noticed that when running it charges at 35 volts, I unplugged the little wire going to the alternator and now she reads 24 volts when running. Just another thing on the list of problems!
Anyways, to follow up, yes 2 normal automotive batteries will start these things with no problem.