• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will hopefully need some help soon.

Zack

Hey guys my name is zack. I am new to the site. I am looking to purchace a m35 here in a few weeks if everything works out.. But i am new to mv vehicles and will need a little bit of help. The truck i am looking at is in working condition. But has not been moved in a while... Some one with experience with these vehicles would be great to talk to or even possibly ride along... I am in augusta Ga.. The truck is in south Ga. Hopefully the truck will not need to be towed, i am hoping to drive home.. any imput will be greatly appreciated.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Zack, welcome to the site!

I know I'm a little ways from you, but I have several deuces and a 5ton, and would be willing to let you drive and teach you all about them. I'm in Columbia, SC.

L999here

....welcome...

WELCOME to SS,Zack. Best advice is to read the several threads in the posts on TRANSPORTATION. If you can check oil,other fluids,drive belts,tire pressure and general operation...and are a reasonably knowledgeable mechanical person...there should not be any problem you could not take care of. Remember,these were MILITARY vehicles and were taken care of by young kids with just a bit of training for taking care of them. Good luck and drive safe....

Zack

I am a mechanic.. so it should go well....now just have to purchase....I hope things go my way i have several i am looking at... some running some not sure of.. on the gl site, i hope to get lucky...

sandcobra164

Did you get it? I saw that it closed at $2610 which is a little higher than I predicted. Let me know if you need some help or talk you through recovering it.

sandcobra164

Some folk's think they're getting low. They just came and took pics and description's on the older trucks my local National Guard unit has so I'm starting to think it's true.

3dAngus

Hey guys my name is zack. I am new to the site. I am looking to purchace a m35 here in a few weeks if everything works out.. But i am new to mv vehicles and will need a little bit of help. The truck i am looking at is in working condition. But has not been moved in a while... Some one with experience with these vehicles would be great to talk to or even possibly ride along... I am in augusta Ga.. The truck is in south Ga. Hopefully the truck will not need to be towed, i am hoping to drive home.. any imput will be greatly appreciated.

Zack, unless I missed it, you said in South Georgia but not exactly what military installation. If it were at Robins for instance, I could go over there and pump up the tires and recharge the batteries, but I'm in Middle Ga.

You might want to mention where so someone can go start it and run it for a while before the batteries go dead and the fuel gels up in this cold weather.
Otherwise, we might have another Gimp story to tell.