• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

will my mep 003a run with the fuse pulled 24 vdc

justacitizen

my 24 VDC regulator is overcharging the batteries. can i run the generator with the fuse pulled? will it discharge my batteries with the fuse pulled?

dstang97

They say not to run your generator with out batteries, so that would be the same thing. They sell updated regulators these days that are much better.

Triple Jim

Actually, removing the 24v charging regulator's fuse that's near the oil filter and fan housing will just disconnect it from the 24v battery. The battery will still remain connected to the generator's control system, so the only problem is that it will slowly discharge with the generator running. You could connect a 24v battery charger to the 120v generator output, and let it charge the battery, which is a legitimate inexpensive way to solve the problem. Of course you could replace the 24v regulator.

justacitizen

I actually had a new Lakeland VR setting on the shelf with the other spare parts. we are having an ice storm and the oem VR went south. i was considering running with the fuse pulled for a few hours,but we had a break in the weather so i installed the new regulator Jim built and now all is well.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, removing the 24v charging regulator's fuse that's near the oil filter and fan housing will just disconnect it from the 24v battery. The battery will still remain connected to the generator's control system, so the only problem is that it will slowly discharge with the generator running. You could connect a 24v battery charger to the 120v generator output, and let it charge the battery, which is a legitimate inexpensive way to solve the problem. Of course you could replace the 24v regulator.
That's hysterical

justacitizen

That's hysterical
actually that was exactly the info i was looking for. i knew i had repairs on the shelf but needed a few hours of generating. with the fuse pulled would allow me to wait for a more appropriate time to tear it down without damaging anything or overcharging the batteries.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
actually that was exactly the info i was looking for. i knew i had repairs on the shelf but needed a few hours of generating. with the fuse pulled would allow me to wait for a more appropriate time to tear it down without damaging anything or overcharging the batteries.
Yeah, I just found it really amusing. Like a Rube Goldberg device. A convoluted indirect way to charge the 24v system. Similar to me using my 5ton as an air compressor to run my plasma cutter.

No criticism implied.

justacitizen

Yeah, I just found it really amusing. Like a Rube Goldberg device. A convoluted indirect way to charge the 24v system. Similar to me using my 5ton as an air compressor to run my plasma cutter.

No criticism implied.

i didn't take it as critic.. the only reason not to use a 5 ton as an air compressor is if there isn't anything bigger around

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks