• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will not start

Kenneth Cole

Hi
OK here goes. Last week If she sat for a day or two I would have to turn her over several times before she would start then she would be fine the rest of the day. Not knowing The cause I changed the fuel filter. Anyway then she wouldn't start at all. Found that I wasn't getting fuel up to the filter. I'm getting fuel to the pump but nothing out. So I put in a new fuel pump. I'm getting fuel now but she still will turn over but not start. She blows smoke out the exhaust.
So I'm lost right now. Any thoughts.

Ken

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Blows smoke while cranking but not starting is usually a glow plug issue.

Kenneth Cole

Hi
I went out after a couple hours and she started up. She sputtered a bit then killed but started up again and she is running fine. I think maybe she just needed to get fuel back through out the system.
Ken

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi
I went out after a couple hours and she started up. She sputtered a bit then killed but started up again and she is running fine. I think maybe she just needed to get fuel back through out the system.
Ken
could have stll had air in the system.

DREDnot

Had a similar issue on a 1025A2.
replaced fuel pump because of a broken diaphragm lifter button.
Now getting fuel pumping out of the filter housing...cool.
Hook the hose back up to the filter and it just cranks away.
Cracked an injector line and no joy.
Removed the supply hose from the injector pump snout to give it a crank to verify a fuel pulse there and it fired instantly on the first revolution.... with the hose disconnected!
hooked it back up and it ran fine.
So it seems that you can get an air lock in that section of hose.
So anyone having this baffling problem, try removing the supply hose from the Injector Pump and crank it to clear the blockage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks