• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will these tires fit on stock A2 rims?

Trigger1238

I have an opportunity to get 10 15.50/80R20 tires from DRMO through the LESO program for my SAR Deuce. Will they fit on the stock rims after i flip the hubs? I apologize if this is a repeat from another thread but i am short on time and couldn't find the answer i needed.

BTW the Duece (my avatar) worked like a champ in the flooded streets of Shelton, Wa last week. We evac'd a truck load from ground floor apartments that were flooding!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm pretty sure you need an A3 rim for that tire size. I don't think the stock rims are wide enough. Lets see if someone chimes in here to confirm.

M1075

I have an opportunity to get 10 15.50/80R20 tires from DRMO through the LESO program for my SAR Deuce. Will they fit on the stock rims after i flip the hubs? I apologize if this is a repeat from another thread but i am short on time and couldn't find the answer i needed.

BTW the Duece (my avatar) worked like a champ in the flooded streets of Shelton, Wa last week. We evac'd a truck load from ground floor apartments that were flooding!
Although it is not the best option, yes they will fit. No need to flip the hubs, just remove the inner wheels. It has been done and pics posted. The preferred option is to get some OD Iron wheels for those tires.

Trigger1238

I intend on getting new/proper rims at some point but my SAR budget is tight and my boss even tighter... Thanks fo the input

I was under the impression that not flipping the hubs put too much outward pressure on the axles....at least that is what I read....

Hammer

Like stated, they will fit, but it isn't correct.
If driven at higher speeds you might feel it wandering more because of a more pronounced center bulge.

I put 16.00x20 Michelin XLs on stock rims. Royal PITA to get them on there! That narrow rim really makes it hard to mount them! Aired the tires down some and it seemed fine though.
I know the 16's were rated at 10k lbs EACH, so less air was no big deal.