• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will these tires fix a M1008?

rfischba1

I have a nice set of 900x16" load rated D 8 ply tires that came on a M101A1. will these tires fix on the CUCV 16" rims and work ok on a M1008 PU?
They look almost new.

Attachments

Chief_919

Yes- do a search and there are a few members here running them with either minor fender trimming in front or a 2" add a leaf in the front.

citizensoldier

I am running them on my M1028 and all I had to do was clip the rear inside fender lip. I only get a slight rub in extreme off road twisting while turning. They are a good tire. A larger fender clip would solve this but I wanted to keep the stock look from the side of the fender.

I am running them on my M1028 and all I had to do was clip the rear inside fender lip. I only get a slight rub in extreme off road twisting while turning. They are a good tire. A larger fender clip would solve this but I wanted to keep the stock look from the side of the fender.
I'm running these on my 1028 as well with no lift and a little trimming. I did have to put a slightly longer steering stop screw on the drivers side to prevent rubbing the pitman arm tie rod end.

2deuce

I want to put a set of 1100X16 zxl Michelin tires on mine but I don't want to lift it more than 4". I'm wondering how much cutting that will take.