• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this fit?

kurtkds

I'm looking for parts to put together a winch for my Deuce and wanted to know if the PTO will fit.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]CHELSEA/ PARKER PN 442XSAHX-W6XD[/FONT]

Thanks ahead of time.

Kurt

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it might fit if you changed the gears. There's a place I deal with in Nashville that can take pretty much any Chelsea PTO and change the gear to fit just about any trans. I only ran into a problem one time whan I tried to mount a fairly old PTO onto a late 90s model Chevy 2-ton. The PTO was so old they didn't make a gear set for that PTO to fit such a late model trans.

jatonka

The Spicer W-N-7-28 and Spicer W-N-D-7-28 are the deuce PTOs. Right hand rule, wrap your right hand around the straight cut gear, look at the angle your thumb makes off your clenched fist, that is the direction the helical cut gear must be in. Use your other right for a 5 ton Spicer. There aren't any currently produced PTOs for a 3052 or 3053 transmission. I'm looking for a rebuttal here, cause I need a source of PTOs and I can't find any. JT

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
. There aren't any currently produced PTOs for a 3052 or 3053 transmission. I'm looking for a rebuttal here, cause I need a source of PTOs and I can't find any. JT
I'll check my source. I've delt with some oddball transmissions before (but never a 3052 or 3053) and they've always found a PTO to fit. I'd be suprised if they couldn't come up with a PTO that will work but I'll check and see.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jatonka, Checked with my source today. I've got some good news and some bad news. Good news is Chelsea did make a PTO for the 3053 (part #308454-3). The bad news is they don't make them anymore :cry:. If you happen to run across a Chelsea 308454-3 it will work according to my guy .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks