• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this Injector Pump work for a M1009?

HardCorps79

Kansas City Craigslist has this for $125, out of a '93 6.2L Diesel Chevy:
DB2829-5056

My M1009 is dead in the water due to IP issues. (I'm woefully inexperienced with IP swaps). Would love to get my truck up and running for winter. Searched all over the internet and usually can find what I'm looking for, but couldn't find an answer on this. Maybe one of our resident experts can help.

Semper Fi,

Sgt Bare

Westech

CPL
DB2829-5056 10154684 1993 LD C/K, R/V, & G Van * — Notes 10 & 11

10 — Start of injection (S.O.I.) Sensor, P/N 26605, beginning with 1992 MY (S.B. 469)
11 — (a) High Force HPCA Solenoid; (b) Housing Pressure Regulator/Return Connector; (c) Calibration

If it is a ono Electric pump you should be fine. By the looks of it your safe.

Westech

CPL
And here are take out Hummer pumps for 50 bucks! all you have to do is switch the top plate to the CUCV 12V switch... you take the plate off and bolt in yours ez!!!!! 160363771087 ebay #

HardCorps79

Sweet. Thanks. Looks like the local craigslist one is off a light-duty, and is more expensive. Think I'll go with the ebay item. Just talked to the local Stanadyne guy, says if I have any issues, he can help me out. And found a former Army Motor-T guy a few blocks down who will help me with the swap. Now, if I can just get the new face cam in the right place...

And thank God for annual uniform allowances to pay for truck repairs (who needs new uniforms, anyway, right?)

Thanks, Westech.

HardCorps79

Note to self and others (and to add to M1009 FAQ later): Part number for original M1009 was DB2829-4521. (Stanadyne dealers and rebuild shops can usually cross-reference with various other DB2's SS members may find on CL and Ebay to see if they are interchangeable or not).

HardCorps79

Westech-
Not sure what the little disclaimer notes #10 & 11 mean. Am I gonna run into problems because it's a Light Duty?

BTW, the humvee pump is gone, and I should be able to save on time and shipping if I go with the '93 pump. Gonna make a low offer (it's been posted for almost a month).

Also,
Do I need to get one of the install kits I see everywhere (gaskets, etc.). I have the manifold gaskets, but am guessing there's a few more I'm going to need to replace, eh?

Westech

CPL
Just intake manifold and the gasket from the pump to block... you should be able to order that just in its self. You should have no problem with the "light duty" pump. If anything you might have to turn it up a tad to get more power out of it. I think the light duty pumps are rated at 135 HP and the HD pumps at 155 hp. I have driven both engines in a M1008 and I could not tell the difference. It should bolt up, start, and drive just fine as is.
the only adjustments you will HAVE to make is the idle. Now when you do install it there are timing marks on the block and the pump. You can align them up or you can bump up the timing just a tad. I did that to my last pump and it started a lot better. The marks are a "dash" or line, when you bump the timing you jst want to do it a little, so move the line just on the other side of the mark.

Attachments

Last edited:

HardCorps79

So I went ahead and got the pump off CL. It looks pretty good. Only question-
It has some sort of electronic component mounted over the face cam, with a plug adapter. Do I need to wire this into my truck somehow? Or do I just leave it hanging. Or do I take it off? Not sure what it's for, since ours don't have it. (Everything else on the pump looks identical.)

HardCorps79

take it off and put the "stock" stuff on.
Alright. I'll have to run up to the Stanadyne shop to get a replacement face cam then. The original was cracked. No biggie. Have a 96 this weekend so I'm gonna try and get her running *fingers crossed*. Thanks, again. I'll keep y'all updated, and have plenty more questions, I'm sure.

Semper Fi

kapnklug

Yeah, sorry Hardcorps, I snagged the Hummer IP off ebay as soon as I saw Westech's post. At the time they had several of them, though. Thanx Westech, you IS the Man!

HardCorps79

Yeah, sorry Hardcorps, I snagged the Hummer IP off ebay as soon as I saw Westech's post. At the time they had several of them, though. Thanx Westech, you IS the Man!
Not a problem. I saw the ebay guy could get more, but I didn't want to pay for shipping, wait times or some mystery person in cyberspace. The local guy also has a harmonic balancer and some other parts for a 6.2. Don't need it right now, but depending on what I can get him down to, it may be worth having on hand.

For gurus like Westy here, an IP swap is a minor job. I'm pretty much a mechanical newb, but figured the CUCVs were a good starting place to learn. So far, the IP swap will be my biggest, most expensive and intimidating undertaking.

( Maybe the pressure of it being my winter daily driver is what's holdin' me back. Someday, I'll buy another one of these that's NOT my daily driver, and just tear the whole thing apart and try to put it back together just for fun.)

We'll see what happens in the next couple of days...

tripp2727

im in the same boat with yall. i have the hummer pump and i am also in the middle of swapping them out. i still have to unbolt the bottom two injector lines (any advice?) and then unbolt the actual pump from the block. does not seem too complicated just tedious. other than getting a few special tools ("s " wrenches & deep sockets) and the gaskets i should be done before the weekend fingers crossed.

kapnklug

Hey Tripp, do you recall what special tools you had to buy (sizeof S-wrench & deep sockets)? I'd rather have them in my toolbox before I start taking apart my only ride!

HardCorps79

:ditto: Want to be sure I have the right tools before I dig in this weekend.

I got my gaskets at O'Reilly for around $17 total. Be sure you get the HD manifold gasket. The first one they brought me didn't have the metal inserts in the center holes. The gasket for the pump is only a dollar or two.