• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will this trailer work behind an 819?

1310monster

Will a M127 flatbed trailer work behind an 819 or will the landing gear cause trouble with turning? I'm still looking for a 270 series trailer. If anyone happens to see one somewhere for sale, let me know.

Rocky
Kentucky
M819

No.2Diesel

M127:

The centerline of the landing gear is 77-1/2" aft of the king pin. The king pin is 30" aft of the leading edge of the trailer.

M819:

The bogie centerline is 65" forward of the trailing edge of the truck. The actual fifth wheel centerline may be 1-4" forward of the bogie centerline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1310 monster:

I am very excited that there is another Tractor, Wrecker owner on here. Do you have pics yet!!? I am even more excited that you intend to tow an M269/M270 behind it!! I have yet to see a photo of a M246/819 hitched to it's stepdeck trailer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rancher's Supply has an M270 and an M270A1 for $10,500-12,500 :roll:

No.2Diesel

Forgot to add.....

The width of the M127 trailer at the tongue is the same as the rest of the trailer and does not taper. This will certainly cause interference. There is a bar on the driver side deck that retains the gin poles that will probably be in the way, not to mention the steel box that surrounds the crane table.

It looks like you need a trailer with a tongue that is far narrower than the rest of the trailer.

Attachments

jwaller

I have a M270A1 that I'd sell. it wont be super cheap but I'll make you a deal on it. has a new deck and new master cyl's and brake lines. all light shave been replaced and it's not bent or damaged in any way.

Attachments

Last edited:

1310monster

jwaller said:
I have a M270A1 that I'd sell. it wont be super cheap but I'll make you a de3al on it. has a new deck and new master cyl's and brake lines. all light shave been replaced and it's not bent or damaged in any way.

Nice trailer for sure. Send me a PM if you would with the price. I'd like a fixer upper primarily because we run our own sawmill and I could saw an oak flat for it. I'm guessing these are not all that common. They must have made a 100 to one ratio of 818 to 819 and if the 270 trailer was the specific trailer for the 819, that might explain the scarcity. How long is the deck of that trailer? Could you take a picture of the back of it for me sometime? I'd like to see from the rear axle back.

Rocky

1310monster

DaveP said:
No. the M127 will not even hook with a standard M819.
Theres a 127 at Ft. Knox, I thought about buying it because I eventually wanted to get an 818 but I guess that won't work. So what does the 127 fit? The old multifuel tractor from the 60's?

Rocky

1310monster said:
DaveP said:
No. the M127 will not even hook with a standard M819.
Theres a 127 at Ft. Knox, I thought about buying it because I eventually wanted to get an 818 but I guess that won't work. So what does the 127 fit? The old multifuel tractor from the 60's?

Rocky
we were talking about the M819. the M818 works great with the M127.

Attachments

jwaller

1310monster said:
jwaller said:
I have a M270A1 that I'd sell. it wont be super cheap but I'll make you a de3al on it. has a new deck and new master cyl's and brake lines. all light shave been replaced and it's not bent or damaged in any way.

Nice trailer for sure. Send me a PM if you would with the price. I'd like a fixer upper primarily because we run our own sawmill and I could saw an oak flat for it. I'm guessing these are not all that common. They must have made a 100 to one ratio of 818 to 819 and if the 270 trailer was the specific trailer for the 819, that might explain the scarcity. How long is the deck of that trailer? Could you take a picture of the back of it for me sometime? I'd like to see from the rear axle back.

Rocky
cant remember for sure but I'll measure it soon. it's either 46 or 48ft I think. I'll also snap a few pics from the rear too. It took me a real long time to find this trailer on GL and boy it was a fixer upper when I got it but I've done a lot of work on it to bring it back.