• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will water filters filter WMO?

deuceinaround

Hey guys,
I've been thinking of using polypropylene whole house water filters to filter WMO. Maybe 3 of them inline to filter down to 3 microns,the replacment cartridges are just $2 to $4, but this sounds way to easy though. Will oil pass through somthing like this? Can anybody tell me why this won't work?????? :cookoo: Just a crazy idea,but thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the whole house water filer housing that you buy at Home Depot. Use the string filters. I don't remember the micro rating but I never had any problems. Only thing to watch out for is the WVO will swell the o-ring on the filter housing so you may have to change it when you change the filter. I changed the filter fast so I could get it back together.

deuceinaround

Hey, thanks guys!
That's just what I wanted to know.

I've been looking at them at Lowes and some sites on the internet. I have been thinking about a water separator, too.The string filters are so cheap and you can get them anywhere from 100 to 1 microns. I figured it would be a very cost effective way of filtering.

I will post pics when I get the whole system up an running. I have a 250 gal tank I'm going to put on a m105 and use an air diaphragm pump which will hopefully run off the trucks air to transfer oil into the tank. Then when I get home just filter it out of the tank into the truck as I need it.

Anybody got any better ideas of suggestions???? Thanks!

Last edited:

Josh

The fuel/water seperators i use cost about 15 bucks each, and ive gotten over 250 gallons threw it. It has a drain cock on the bottom, and after each drum, I drain the filter.

deuceinaround

Do you mind giving me some more info on your fuel/water separator you use? Where did you get it??? $15 bucks sounds good cause I'm on a budget and I'm trying to get somthing put together so I can quit feeding the thing $20 in diesel every time I leave the driveway :shock:.

Thanks

Josh

I got them, from Napa, The pump system isnt at my house, when I go do some stuff today, I'll get some numbers off everything for you.

beanman1

iwoild like to build a wmo filter i have a buddy that runs a lube shop up the street from me so i can get an endless supply of waste motor oil but if i cannot run my m1009 on it what would the use of it be