• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will XZL 14.00's fit on standerd rim

RE: Will XZL 14.00

i have some at the shop that a customer brought up that he had mounted. We sold him the tires but for liability would not mount them. What westech said is true. its to wide for the rim and will not get a proper seat on the rim and can cause some serious issues. i advise not to do it. but to answer the question. yes it can.

100dollarman

I think a wider rim is better, but... Here is a pic of one I just put on the other day--- it has a tube in it.

And for price comparison- I sell 'like new' 14- 20 or 16-20s for $200 each, and more used ones for $150. Any price below $200 is a good price.

Attachments

100dollarman

area52 said:
thats a deuce rim, I think stock 5 ton rims are a little wider than that.
Oops! Sorry, my brain skipped right over the 5 ton part! Probably because I just did the 14-20 the other day!

I actually just installed one tire to see what it looked like. But it doesnt look too bad, so now I will do the other 3.

If a 5t rim is wider- then I say do it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yellobronc said:
14x20's will fit 2-1/2 ton? I thought 11 x 20's were max? can we clarify for the 2-1/2 ton.
Not a std Deuce, not without some serious mods.
14.00-20s are almost 49" o.d. while rear axle spacing is only 48".
"Possible" sizes (as singles) would be 395/85R20,15.5/80R20,13.00R20 or 425/65R22.5

G.

They are just not the proper fit for the rim. as they technically require a 10" rim. but as stated they will fit a stock rim. and we have a set on a bobbed deuce right now that is running them with no lift. it will turn lock to lock fine. BUT still in my mind is not recommended but when it comes to it the owner is the owner and its his wallet not mine.

in my personal oppinion with all the modified trucks we have done and such the G20s are by far the best tire to use.