• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wilson, NC Fly In / Air show-Pictures

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I have been contacted by the airport manager to get the names and what vehicles people are bringing for the Fly In this year. I dont bealeive I have all your numbers and email so thats why im posting this on SS also.
As Garbee and myself disscussed , I reserved 10 spaces this year. I only had 7 or 8 people tell me that they want to come and I got 2 extra.
They want to get the hobby max publicity so thats why he was asking names and what types of vehicles, thanks guys! - Jay

Date : Sept 27th , 2008
We are convoying in with all MV's , free pancake breakfast. Time of meet in Wislon for convoy TBD , I bealive the Fly In starts at 0900.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I got both of you counted in the 10 along with Cabell and a few others in the NC military vehicle club. Im sending out a mass email also.
Cabell and I are planning on meeting and convoying in for a big entrance. - Jay

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
OK , update -

I have 7 people signed up. I am sending in the names and vehicles to the airport manger monday morning. I have room for 3 more. Let me know by tonight please.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
0640-0645 at the old/closed Aunt Sarahs Pancake House on Raleigh Road parkway.

Convoy out time is 0650 to make it to the Airport by 0700 in case of stop lights and slow convoy speeds.

I guess I will let everyone know now, I have 8 people signed up, I have 10 spots. Im handing the list in at 0915 tomorrow morning. Let me know by then or if your lucky you can fill the last two spots and if that is full im sure yall can watch.

CGarbee

I'll be convoying down from Raleigh with Amnon and Evan (blazer and Unimog) to Zebulon where we will join up with Kenneth and Neil.
From Zebulon, we'll convoy over to Wilson and will hook up with everyone else so that we can make a big splash when we arrive at the airport.
I'm in Kalamazoo about to head to the airport. I'll post times/locations for the Raleigh and Zebulon locations either tonight or tomorrow once I've had a chance to sit down and work out the schedule.

Looking forward to it.

OK, doing a little head scratching gives the following schedule from Cary to Wilson:
5:15 AM, leave Cary Golden Coral (where we have the monthly meetings).
6:00 AM, leave Zebulon (shopping center on SE corner of NC96/US64 interchange at the Smithfield Chicken and BBQ)

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
We had a great day today with crowds in the hundreds. Fog all morning until about 0930 cleared up for a great sunny day.

Good Steel Soldier NC MVPA meet !!!
Cabell
Amnon
Kenneth
Evan
Neil + Son
Joel
Thanks guys for bringing trucks!

Picture -1 = The famous Col Andrew and the UH 60
Picture -2 = Front of the A-26
Picture -3 = WW2 T-6 trainer
Picture -4 = Our nice set up
Picture -5 = Nother shot
Picture -6 = My little set up
Picture -7 = Still foggy in the AM
Picture -8 = Our S.S. guys eating free chow
Picture -9 = Kenneth eating all the pancakes...

Attachments

ssgtwright-usmc

RE: Wilson air show

While you are all in Wilson how about doing a Fed-EX overnight shipment of some Smithsfield BBQ to me.
I miss NC BBQ and the slaw like crazy.
You cant beat the Vinegar based BBQ sauce!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks