• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch Bumber same as std bumper

KC4MNE

Is the winch and non winch front bumpers the same? With the difference being in the way the bumber is mounted.

I bought a "winch kit" but my non winch original bumper is in way better shape and I would like to reuse it

Manny

OD_Coyote

Manny - I am in the process of collecting the necessary parts to put a winch on my M35A2 and based on the info I found on this site; all you need to do is rotate the bumper 180 deg and you will be good to go.

FreightTrain

Banned
yep,Just unbolt the bumper(with the triangular plates on bumper) from the frame,Remove the 2 handle thingys(What are these for?),slide the lower winch brackets into the frame and bolt it in,Now bolt the side plates to the winch(loosely) and sit the winch on the frame extenders previously installed and install the remaining bolts and the now upside down bumper and tighten everything as tight as possible.Don't forget the handle thingys since they bolt though the frame and lower extentions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks