• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch cable question.....

spicergear

Guys...some of you know and some may not know. Every time you turn the cable with the snatch block, you basically double the pull power of the winch. One block and the 10K winch becomes 20K, two and the 20K becomes 40K. A third?! :idea: Let's try not to cut anyone in half here okay?

Thank you Spicergear it's nice to know someone knows I'm not stupid besides me!:-D TM for M35a2 says 9/16 cable dose fit. While I was in the Army. I was tout by my chief mechanic to use 210 ft. of cable, anchor the cable on a hill, and hook it into the winch. Then release brakes to take up slack in cable. The hill only need to be steep enough to allow the truck to role.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks