• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch clutch lever

randygk

The operation tech manual states nothing about the hinged lock on the winch for the clutch lever. Is that just to trick old guys like me, or am I missing something. Was quite embarrassing to try and operate the winch until watching a YouTube on the winch and seeing him flip that lock over.

texas30cal

It's there to help make sure the winch isn't engaged by accident when not in use, a necessary safety. If it were to be engaged in the cab by accident , improper adjustment, or frame twisting AND engaged up front at the winch then it would be a bad day. My truck shows evidence of this happening to it at some point and a search here in the forum will show you exactly what can happen. When I drive my deuce and park it somewhere, I always check the clutch lever and lockout upon returning bc people like to play with levers.