• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch cost

CliffW

When Matt "green gem" up in live oak gets a truck with one on it in he get $1200 for a complete set up. He put stuff on ebay under green gem.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been piecing together the parts to make one setup for my truck. So far, here's the bill:

winch, good condition but leaks (needs rebuild), $300
bumper extensions, $50 per pair
NOS PTO shaft, $50
Sweat equity, free

Still need:

PTO - runs $100 to $200 for a good PTO
winch shifter handle - maybe $20
lockout plate for cab - maybe $15

I might be missing a few parts, but that's pretty much the required parts.

cbvet

The one part that I had a really hard time finding, was the PTO lever bracket that bolts to the master cylinder. Finally got one, but had to pay more than I wanted to.
Eric
CBVET

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can find the winch levers for under 100 i'd like to know where. Or, a PTO for 100-200-that's cheap!

ygmir

ygmir said:
how would a person find or contact said "TNJ Murray"? is there a link somewhere or address?
Thanks,
Henry
Sorry,
I asked before donning my thinking cap.......a google search got me right there.

I gotta remember to have coffee BEFORE whiskey, in the morning....... :roll: :beer:

Henry

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Advertiser on SS. Thanks for the heads up the lever is the only thing I am missing. :D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Winch cost

maddawg308 said:
I have been piecing together the parts to make one setup for my truck. So far, here's the bill:

winch, good condition but leaks (needs rebuild), $300
bumper extensions, $50 per pair
NOS PTO shaft, $50
Sweat equity, free

Still need:

PTO - runs $100 to $200 for a good PTO
winch shifter handle - maybe $20
lockout plate for cab - maybe $15

I might be missing a few parts, but that's pretty much the required parts.
Don't forget all the bolts you need. That will be several dollars.

I've managed to gather up everything I need except the shaft, PTO, and bolts. I think I have right at $200 in everything I already have (winch, extentions, PTO lever, and lock plate). I know, I got a steal. Just happened to be at the right place at the right time :D .

DanMartin

RE: Re: RE: Winch cost

I have the bracket that the lever connects to...PM me and you can have it (I'll even throw in the bolts) for postage. This is the bracket that bolts under the cab to hold the winch handle.

Lorax

New bolts have already been mentioned. I spent around $100 on new bolts, plus some PB Blaster. Don't even think of reusing the old bolts/nuts. If they come off like mine did, the threads will either be taken off, or the bolts will shear during removal. They were gonna be replaced anyway.

FormerNewMVGuy

I recently bought a complete winch setup for $980.00, this included everything, the cable doesnt look to me as if it was ever off the drum! It was in beautiful condition. I did help take it off the original truck. But i did get ALLTHE PARTS! even the data plate that shows the pto shifts.
It took me about three hours to install the complete setup on my truck, Works like a dream!

I did however go over the whole winch assembly before i installed it on my truck,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks