• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch filter

6wdcummins83

As I was servicing my '83 m925 A1 I noticed the filter mounded along the line for the winch. I was not sure of the fluid because the line seemed to run right in the side of the tranny. So my question is, what's the parts number to the filter and what fluid is in the winch, is it the same as the tranny, because I just filled the tranny with dextron. I have not drained the auxilary tank or run the pto.

fasttruck

READ THE LUBRICATION ORDER. iT WILL TELL YOU WHAT FLUID IS AUTHORIZED. WITHOUT SEEING THE LO I WOULD EXPECT IT TO BE OE10. NSN FOR FILTER WOULD BE IN THE PARTS BOOK AND HOPEFULLY YOUR PARTS HOUSE CAN TRANSLATE TO A VENDOR PART NUMBER.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-the winch and transmission fluid do not intermix. The winch hydraulic fluid is OE10 hydraulic fluid, source; Tractor supply.
As mentioned by Fasttruck, you NEED to get the maintenance documents that support your truck; LO TMs parts manuals.
These documents can be found on the web, in hard copy, and/or downloaded from this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks