• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch ID

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The attached photos are of a winch I rediscovered while changing storage units. I am not sure where it came from of if it is even military in origin, any help on the ID is appreciated. There are no markings on it that I can see except for the oil level marking script?
James IMG_0878.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0881.jpgIMG_0882.jpgIMG_0882.jpg

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the photos I have found of the M2 it does look like it. I wonder why no ID on the winch at all! The only marking on it is the oil level noted?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the “BRADEN” is not on the casting, as during WWII, other mfgrs joined in to make winches for the war effort.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks