• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch on M-135

Stan Leschert

Well we found the correct Winch, Jack Shaft and Pillow Block. Could someone tell me which is the correct PTO for the M-135? Are there others that will fit? Thanks. Also trying to find Control Lever Assy, and mounting brackets. Are there any others that will fit aside from the stock ones?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the GMC with the automatic? I'm not good on my M numbers. If it is, it drove the winch from the T-case. Seems like the lever to engage it hooked to a cable housing that moved the PTO control rod. Was the stuff that the lever mounted to, permanent under the seat? I'm pretty sure the PTO itself, was special to that T-case. Seems like the opening in the case was extra large. The winch that I'm used to was the regular old Garwood, 10,000#er

Lee in Alaska

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that the GMC with the automatic? I'm not good on my M numbers. If it is, it drove the winch from the T-case. Seems like the lever to engage it hooked to a cable housing that moved the PTO control rod. Was the stuff that the lever mounted to, permanent under the seat? I'm pretty sure the PTO itself, was special to that T-case. Seems like the opening in the case was extra large. The winch that I'm used to was the regular old Garwood, 10,000#er

Lee in Alaska

Stan Leschert

Yup, you are right on with the details, Winch lever was under seat mounted, cable operated. I'm hoping to find out if any other trucks that were not in the 135/ 211 series used the same PTO. That will help in my search. We picked up the right Garwood 10,000 lb winch and jack shafts for $400. If I can confirm which is the right PTO, the guy who sold us the winch also has a PTO, but he has no idea where it came from. The price is not too high, but dang, if it is the wrong one, we just wasted the beer money we were going to expend when we mounted the winch.

For now, it does not have to be operational. Just window dressing for parades.

I am doing everything in my power to keep the truck original, and make Everything work!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The PTO for the G749 is like no other. It mounts on the transfer case into a huge non-standard opening. The lever mounts under the drivers seat right next to the transfer case lever, on the same shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks