• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch/PTO gear ratio, and multi fuel engine heater Question

Edward Stephens

I just scored a M54 to use on the farm and in the woodlot. It does not have a winch, I am going to add a PTO and winch. What is the ratio on the pto? I have a 5 direct transmission. The reason I ask is that I may use the winch pto to run a water pump for a while and then install the winch when my project is completed. I dont want to use the accessory drive pto because I am cheap and the pump needs to be mounted topside.

My truck has a multifuel engine and I would like to add a 120v engine heater, either an internal one or a heater hose model. Have any of the members got a favorite heater? This will end up being the "Man we are stuck bad, go get the big one" truck.

And lastly thanks for all the shared knowledge on here, I have done tons of reading on SS before buying my truck, I needed a cheap tough truck to spray cutover pine land as part of my reforestation plan. 6x6 for $3000 cannot be beat/ :beer:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only have the 5ton PTO but no 5ton transmission to count gear teeth.

Anyone knowing, for this 5th direct tranny: 1) input to (driven)counter gear ratio; 2) 2nd speed countergear to reverse idler gear; 3) tooth count on reverse idler gear (that's easy, with the PTO off).......???????

G.

wbv

I added a transfer case pto and (if I remember correctly) running in 4th gear was 1:1 with the engine. Not sure about the front pto.

wbv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks