• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

winch question

3000gt

just purchased a m1038 today and in description it says control box missing. does anyone know what that means? I am scared shat liss that I bought a POS cause I've never bought anything without first inspecting.
also need a set of 4 x doors if anyone has some for sale. thanks

Lawdog734

They probably mean the actual winch controller, which is commonly missing from them at auction. One of my trucks had it, the other one didn't.

images.jpg

Dock Rocker

Winch control is an easy fix They can come from a popular auction site or direct from warn. If it is the winch control box that's mounted on the winch that holds the solenoids that's not going to be an easy fix.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a good start. From the description the missing control box is for the winch.

Now comes the waiting. Fill out your paper work for the EUC and in a couple of months (after the EUC clears) you can arrange to pick it up.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks