• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Winch top plate dimensions

Six Pack

Does anyone know the spacing of the bolt holes on the top plate for the m35a2 winch? I had a new one made based off my old, bent up one but I'm not sure if they got the hole spacing correct. It seems a little short when I try to assemble. I have to assume that the spacing is fairly critical to proper alignment of the two ends on the shaft. The straightest part of my original part is about 15 7/8" center to center on the holes. My new part is about 1/8" shorter. I'm worried about the two ends not being "square" to each other. Am I just overthinking it?

Six Pack

Thank you for the drawing. According to that, I'm only off by +/- 1/16". Might just have to keep wiggling everything around to get it all together. It sure is nice having access to a winch expert just a few clicks away!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks